According to the American Academy of Dermatologists, it's normal to lose anywhere from 50 to 100 strands of hair per day.
Here a list of some causes for hair loss
1) Hair loss increases with age.
2) Some people have long hair because of their families with genetically elongated hair. Natural short hair does not grow with medication.
3) Doctors say that mental and physical stress is the leading cause of hair loss.
4) Hormonal imbalance can greatly affect hair growth. In particular, hormones called androgens have a profound effect on hair growth.
5) If higher or lower the thyroid hormone leads to hair loss.
6) During pregnancy and childbirth imbalance of hormones,
7) Some forms of fever (for example, typhoid) cause hair loss.
8) Infections - Viral, bacterial and fungal infections can cause hair loss.
9) Radiation and drugs used in the treatment of cancer.
10) Too hot and too cold weather conditions are not good for the hair.
11) The use of frequent hairdryers can also cause hair loss.
12) Various dye chemicals, shampoos on the head can cause hair loss. This is why you should not use any shampoos or lotions for dandruff, fungal or bacterial infections without doctor's advice.
Hair health depends on blood and other nutrients supplied from the capillaries of the spinal cord. Proper diet and hygiene keep the hair healthy, remember creams, oils, shampoos other beauty products have no benefit.